The Resilient Gardener Store
Where ergonomics, efficiency, and comfort meet.
I’ve been gardening and selling tools to the garden industry for decades, so I can
confidently and enthusiastically recommend the really good ones.
I’ve been gardening and
selling tools to the garden
industry for decades,
so I can confidently
really good ones.
I’ve chosen tools and accessories I have personally used, and ones that will save you time, money, space and above all, energy. These tools are best in class, and will provide tried and true performance, with ergonomic comfort — and many can even be used without bending over. You can also order a personalized autographed copy of my book!
New products are always being added to The Resilient Gardener Store, so check back often.
The Lifelong Gardener
Garden with Ease & Joy at Any Age
Enjoy hundreds of adaptive gardening tool tips, solutions, resources and gorgeous photos that will inspire you to garden for life!
This book celebrates gardening at any age while also being an information-rich resource about resilience, not giving up, and how an adaptive approach to gardening can remove barriers, and create new opportunities for senior and boomer gardeners.
You’ll find helpful guidance for starting and maintaining container gardens, edible landscapes, along with tried-and-true methods to help eliminate the physical strain of gardening, recommendations for ergonomic tools, using elevated raised beds, and dozens of simple ways to make gardening more comfortable, easy and joyful.
SHOP BY CATEGORY
Protection & Comfort
Awakenings Hands Skin Care
I've been using this hand cream for twenty years. It's the only product that does the trick for me when my hands are rough and dry from gardening or being in dry, hot climates or cold weather. I try to use it every day because it's so hydrating and moisture rich, plus I adore the fragrance of myrrh, ginger, and cinnamon. I think you will too!
- Mineral skin care: The Mineral Moisture Therapy soothes and hydrates your skin. With this cream you will have an intensive care for you hands with the help of the Dead Sea minerals including magnesium.
- Magnesium: The rich magnesium cream helps to fight aging by stimulating skin cells while the Potassium hydrates your skin. The perfect combination for soft and healthy hands.
- Myrrh: Next to ginger and cinnamon essences which soothes irritated and itchy skin, the myrrh extract fights off the bacteria on your skin. A pearl-size drop is enough to endure multiple hand washings.
- For dry skin: This cruelty free skincare cream with myrrh extract is perfect for working hands. It heals dry, cracked fingers as well as nails and cuticles. The ideal cream for chapped hands.
Foxgloves Elle Grip Gardening Gloves
As a manufacturer’s rep for nearly three decades, I love selling Foxgloves again. They are super soft, yet durable. I still have Foxgloves that are ten years old and there’s not one dropped stitch. They fit like a second skin and you can feel the difference between a live leaf and a dead leaf.
Extra-ordinary versatility extends comfort and protection from fingertip to elbow. These gloves protect hands and forearms against scratches, irritation from plant oils, and sun damage.
- Supplex nylon feels cottony soft but is tough and resilient.
- Breathable knit keeps soil out, hands and nails clean.
- Soft, pliable silicone grip ovals for sure-handed, non-slip holding power.
- Excellent when using pruners, tools, even driving the car… anytime you need a sure grip.
- UPF 50+ for maximum sun protection.
- Machine wash, dry low heat or line dry.
- Available Small, Medium, and Large.
- Yellow, pink, purple, blue, orange, beige, and black.
Foxgloves Gauntlet Gloves
As we age, our skin gets thinner, which means we bruise easier, so we need to protect our hands and arms, especially when growing roses, lemons, berries, or succulents with pointy edges. These gauntlet gloves are great because they’re washable and long-lasting..
Protection perfected! Comfort, dexterity and super performance define this Gauntlet Glove. Perfect for thorny and abrasive tasks. Designed to provide maximum comfort and complete dexterity.
- Synthetic leather palm is thorn and puncture resistant.
- Padded palms cushions and protects hand.
- Reinforced fingertips for added protection and longer wear.
- Washable Clarino fabric is lightweight yet stronger than leather.
- Resilient lightweight synthetic suede cuff guards against scrapes and scratches.
- Wide cuff fits comfortably over long sleeves.
- Machine wash gentle cycle, line dry.
- Available in four unisex sizes: small, medium, large, and extra large
Great Hand Tools
Diamond Tool Sharpener
by Ironwood Tools
I’ve owned a number of tool sharpeners over the years, but this sharpener is my favorite because it’s large enough that you won’t lose it, it’s easy to use, and has just the right features resilient gardeners should look for in an ergonomic tool.
- Slip resistant comfort grip that is red, so you can easily find it.
- Very little pressure needed.
- 400 grit course side for re-working the blade and 600 grit fine side for finishing the perfect edge.
- 15 - 20 strokes sharpens your pruners and loppers.
- Safety guard prevents accidents
Garden Works Soil Scoop – Red
This is undoubtedly my #1 go-to tool. The ergonomic grip is easy on your hands and it’s perfect for digging, cutting, and weeding making it a multifunctional winning tool.
- Comfort grip handle made from recycled materials
- Serrated edges cut through roots
- Premium stainless steel blade
- Made in the USA!
Ironwood Hedge Shears
by Ironwood Tools
I recently found this new hedge shear at the Northwest Flower & Garden Show in Seattle and I decided on the spot I had to have it. I was blown away how sharp it was and my arms don’t get tired because it is super lightweight.
- Advanced Tempering Process allows the blades to meet in more areas resulting in a larger cutting capacity with shorter blades
- Non-slip comfort grips reduce strain and fatigue during long trimming jobs; cushioned bumpers to save your knuckles
- All parts are replaceable Including handles, bumpers, and blades
- Measures 7” x 2.5” x 32” and only weighs 1.28 pounds
Nisaku Mizukatana Stainless Steel
Hori Hori Knife
Gardeners in the know prefer Japanese made tools for their outstanding craftsmanship. This special edition Hori Hori garden knife is a multi-functional tool for a wide variety of outdoor applications. The sharp, stainless steel serrated edge cuts through most materials in a single swipe and showcases a balanced design and a comfortable grip. The fine edge and flat tip blade afford ultimate utility for outdoor tasks. This special edition model is forged with a higher quality DSR-1K6 stainless steel, making it more durable than traditional outdoor knives, and it requires minimal sharpening. Includes a protective sheath for safety’s sake.
- 13" L x 2" W x 1" D
- Weighs 6 oz.
- Protect from freezing temperature
Short Reach Cut & Hold Pruner
2' Long for Reaching High without a Ladder
- Pick roses without the threat of thorns
- Durable high-strength aluminum construction - weighs only 14 oz
- High carbon SK5 Japanese steel blade
- 3/8 inch cutting capacity and two feet in length
8.75” Mini Handle - $24.95
13” Original Handle - $27.95
54” Long Handle - $64.95
Prices Include Shipping (US Only)
CobraHead Weeder & Cultivator
Ergonomically Designed for Digging, Edging, & Planting
I love it when manufacturers respond to customer input. That’s exactly what Cobrahead did when they added their newest tool, The Cobrahead Mini to their line-up of weeders and cultivators.
The Cobrahead Mini is the perfect size to fit into my tote bag when I’m heading out to work in the garden -- and with my bad back, the Long-Handle Cobrahead makes it possible for me to stand up to get my digging, edging, weeding and planting jobs done.
I appreciate the quality and ergonomic design of this tool, which is made in Wisconsin. You’ll love being able to simplify gardening tasks with these fabulous weeders.
- Choose from three comfortable sizes; 54” Long-Handle, 13” Original and 8.75” mini
- Easy to use for green thumbs of all ages
- Developed and built by gardeners
- Made with a forged steel blade, with a curved head that plows through any soil
Radius Garden, Ergonomic
Aluminum Hand Weeder, Red
I have to admit, the first time I saw Radius Tools, I thought they were funny looking. When I discovered Adaptive Gardening, I realized they are the perfect ergonomic tool because they keep your wrist in a neutral position, they come in bright colors so you will not lose them easily, and they are guaranteed for life! That’s a win-win-win!
- Award-winning ergonomic garden weeder with unique, patented blade designed for optimal performance in all soil conditions
- Serrated, reinforced aluminum blade slides through compacted roots and earth; Ultra-lightweight, stronger than steel and will never rust
- Ergonomic Natural Radius Grip provides extra leverage and reduces hand and wrist stress
- Over molded handle with a comfortable non-latex, thermoplastic grip for comfort and ease of use
- Ideal for gardeners with limited hand strength, arthritis, or carpal tunnel syndrome
CORONA Flex Dial Bypass Pruner
With Comfort Gel Grips
I’ve always said I couldn’t recommend one particular pruner because it all depends on how the pruner fits in your hand. Then I got the chance to use this Corona pruner, and I changed my mind. I like it because it adjusts for small or large hands, and it has a comfort gel grip, which you know, is what it is all about.
- Adjustable grip fits to hand size and reduces fatigue during repetitive cuts
- The FlexDIAL 8-position anodized dial adjusts to fit the way you work; Select 1 for smaller hands or faster cuts and up to 8 for larger hands or more powerful cuts
- To find your custom fit, spin the FlexDIAL until your hand is most comfortable and then note the number on the dial between the white lines on the back of the tool
- The handles have a full steel core versus other tools and ComfortGEL grips for superior comfort and less hand fatigue
This easy to use product improves the grip on all your garden tools and the bright red color makes it easy to find your gardening tools in debris.
Plasti-Dip is a multi-purpose, air dry, specialty rubber coating. It can be easily applied by dipping, brushing, or spraying. The protective coating is ideal for a broad array of do-it-yourself projects around the home, garage, garden, and elsewhere.
- 14.5 oz RED rubberized coating provides a non-slip, comfortable, and controlled grip
- Protects coated items against moisture, acids, abrasion, and corrosion
- Remains flexible, stretchy, and will not crack or become brittle in extreme weather conditions
- Easy to remove from most surfaces when ready to return to the original surface
- Will not crack or become brittle in extreme weather conditions
- Manufactured in United States
32 pack of standard size risers 1"x 1"x 1/2" ht. and are ideal for smaller pots or statuary.
You can grow all kinds of ornamentals and edibles in containers but the one thing you must have is good drainage. Over the years, I’ve used concrete pot feet but since finding Potrisers, I prefer them because they are virtually indestructible, have a lifetime guarantee and are the least expensive way to go.
- Potrisers prevent pot-skidding, staining and damage to decks and surfaces, hide drip lines, elevate fabric or plastic pots from saucers and prevent root rot/mold by allowing water to drain easily.
- Made in the USA and Canada from 100% recycled vulcanized materials;
- Potrisers are eco-friendly and indestructible and all claims have been tested under vigorous laboratory conditions.
- 4 Standard risers support up to 1,600 pounds and smaller pots may only need 3 risers to achieve stability; can be permanently attached using small spot of strong glue.
Velcro Garden Ties and
As your plants grow, you can undo and re-use these Velcro ties, which makes so much sense, don’t you think?
- GENTLE ON PLANTS: Soft side won’t scratch or damage plants; wraps onto itself for a secure hold; plant supports are easy to reposition for growing blooms
- CUT TO LENGTH: Use only the desired amount; reusable and adjustable; ideal for year after year use
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: These plant ties can even be used for securing trees, tools, and fencing; 50 ft. x ½ in. roll, green
- SECURE AND DURABLE: Strong VELCRO Brand Garden Ties with non-slip grip keeps plants staked, supported, and securely in place during inclimate weather
Puddle Proof Tote
I’m always looking for ways to save time and energy and not having to circle back for one more tool is a great time saver. This is my favorite all-time tote because it allows me to have everything I need, including my water bottle, seed packets, and my phone, and it has a puddle proof bottom so it won’t get wet if there’s a puddle close by.
- It’s just the right size: 11-1/2" L x 8" W x 9-1/2" H
- Lots of storage! Three pockets on each side and mesh pockets on both ends to hold water bottles. The interior is one large compartment, with another inside pocket.
- Made with suede, cotton canvas, rubber bottom, and precision stitching guarantee decades-long durability.
You will love these nifty herb scissors. I use it all the time and have given it as a hostess gift. Just remember to wash it right away; you don’t want food drying between those blades.
Prepare herbs for cooking and create pretty garnishes in seconds with these five-blade herb scissors. Quickly cuts herbs into thin strips (sometimes called chiffonades). Stainless steel blades cut cleanly, without tearing or bruising delicate leaves. Dishwasher safe.
The herb shears have a spring mechanism that makes cutting effortless. An herb stripper in the blade removes leaves from woody herb stems like rosemary or thyme. Includes blade cover for safe storage.
Botanical INTERESTS High-Quality Seed
I’m happy to share Botanical Interests Seed Company with you. I’ve known Curtis and Judy, the owners of this innovative company for decades and we share the same goals to inspire and educate the gardener in you. They provide the highest quality seed in the most beautiful and informative seed packets on the market.
Everything you want to grow: vegetables, flowers, herbs, heirloom, and organic, Botanical Interests has the latest and great selection to choose from.
Handy Garden Aids
Reversible Garden Kneeler
Sturdy, Comfortable, & Foldable
Anyone with a bad back will appreciate this reversible kneeler. I love it so much, we have several, so they are always handy to sit next to our elevated raised beds or when turned upside down, to kneel down to weed.
Easily flips from kneeler to padded bench!
- The super-soft, extra-thick kneeling pad is easy on the knees during planting and tending.
- The heavy-duty, powder-coated steel frame is rust-resistant, yet only weighs 8 lbs.
- It comes in green, blue, and PURPLE!
Space-Saving Potting Bench
This is such a great idea for small space gardens, and it’s perfect for any gardener with a bad back.
- 49-1/2" W x 15-1/2" D x 56" H overall; 48" W x 14" D workspace
- Slatted back with moveable hooks
- Rot-resistant, sustainably sourced cedar
Perfect for starting seeds, transplanting seedlings, or propagating houseplants, this slim-profile bench is a back saver. No more kneeling or painful stooping over to do the potting up or dividing tender shoots. And with a compact footprint, it won't take up a lot of space. Additional space-saving features include a slatted back with four S hooks to keep tools and accessories off your work surface, plus two shelves for potting soil, pots, and sundries. Rot-resistant cedar makes this ideal for indoor or outdoor use.
Tabor Tools Telescopic Metal Rake
Extendable & Lightweight
Why own more than one rake when this one does it all? I love it because I can get into narrow or wide spaces with it, making it versatile, and it even folds up to save you space.
- For quick lawn and yard clean-up
- 63” adjustable and folding rake
- Expands from 8” to 23” wide
- Expanding handle
TRACTOR SCOOT with Basket Bucket
Full confession: I do not own this product. If our property was bigger than the postage stamp we have, and if we had a garage to store it in, I would own this seated scooter. A Master Gardener friend has hundreds of rose bushes and she wonders how she ever maintained her garden without this tractor scoot. Hands down, this gets the best SAVES YOU ENERGY AWARD in my book.
- Work from a seated position, minimizing strain on back and knees
- Heavy-duty frame and swiveling, height-adjustable seat
- Front wheels steer for easy maneuvering
- Super-sturdy; holds up to 400 lbs. Bucket Basket holds a 3-1/2 gal. tote or 5-gal. pail and carries up to 40 lbs.
- 10" diameter pneumatic tires roll easily over rough terrain
Energy and Water Saving Planters
4’x4’ Elevated Raised Bed
Our first raised bed was on the ground, which didn’t work well when my back went out (again) and my husband needed a knee replacement. The following fall we replaced that bed with this elevated raised bed and we liked it so much, we bought another one. It’s the perfect size for a small yard and we can stand up to tend and harvest. We love the no-bend harvesting.
- At 29" high, this attractive cedar planter is the perfect height for easy growing, eliminating the need to stoop, bend, kneel and reach.
- There's a false floor made of cedar slats set 9-1/4" down from the top so there's plenty of root space for vegetables and flowers.
- The sides of this standing garden are held in place with our sleek and sturdy lifetime aluminum corners.
- Excess water drains through slats; vents in the sides allow air to circulate and excess moisture to evaporate.
Self-Watering 2’x4’ Elevated Raised Bed
This is Gardeners Supply best-selling elevated raised bed, but now it’s even better because these no-bend garden boxes keep plants hydrated with two generous 5-gallon reservoirs that create even moisture throughout the bed, which will save you time, energy, and money on your water bill.
- SFI-certified cedar, aluminum, polypropylene, PVC, silicone
- 48" L x 24" W x 29" H
- Two self-watering reservoirs are 22" sq. x 4-1/2" H and hold 5 gallons each
- Assembly required
Viva Self-Watering Railing Planter
Apartment and condo dwellers rejoice! Add a punch of color and instant drama to your balcony. Self-watering planters are a convenient place to grow flowers, herbs and greens, right on your balcony railing. Simply set the planters right over the railing — no mounting hardware, no holes to drill. Self-watering pots minimize maintenance chores and provide plants with the consistent supply of moisture they need to thrive.
- 20" L x 5" W x 8-1/2" H
- Planting depth is 7"
- Railing overhang has a 1-3/4" opening
- Holds 8 quarts of container mix
- 2-quart water reservoir
Water Right Lightweight Hose
Soft, Flexible, & Virtually Kink-free
Are you tired of fighting with heavy hoses? These are the best lightweight hoses I’ve found and I’ve thrown away all of the heavy PVC and vinyl hoses I used to own. Plus it’s certified for safe drinking water.
- NSF and FDA certified polyurethane resin for safe drinking water. Tasteless and odorless as compared to PVC or vinyl hose.
- Contains no lead, BPA, Phthalates or other toxic chemicals.
- Industrial grade brass chrome-plated, lead-free fittings are long-lasting, non-tarnishing, & crush-resistant.
- Flexible in all weather conditions from sub-freezing temperatures to running hot water up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
DRAMM Revolver 9-Pattern Hose Spray Gun
Decreased muscle strength and arthritis in our hands makes this thumb-controlled hose sprayer a delight to use. I love it because it’s multi-functional, has an ergonomic grip, it’s easy to use, and it comes in a myriad of colors. Purple is my favorite but you get to choose!
- Equipped with the One Touch Valve allowing complete and total water flow control with just one touch of your thumb
- Easily switch between water flow selection with the quick-change feature
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee and is available in six vibrant colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and berry
Each of the product types featured in my online store are offered because over the years, I’ve used them myself -- and my experience tending to my garden is easier, more comfortable, helped me conserve energy and minimized injuries. I believe in the functionality of these products 100%, but I do want to let you know that if you click on the ‘Buy Now’ button, and purchase one of the products from my distributors, I’ll receive a small referral fee -- which I’ll promptly put towards my production expenses for my next ‘Toni’s Tool Tips’ video -- where I’ll share information and resources to help you create greater ease and joy in your gardening experience.